Learn to Surf at one of the oldest surf schools in Los Angeles! Experienced or beginner, young or old, our surf school fits everyone. Let us show you that surfing is fun and easy!
You will learn how to surf at Venice Beach, this surf spot is known for its surf culture, so what better way to enjoy the summer months ahead than by learning to get up on that board.
Daily Group & Private surf lessons at the best learn to surf beach in Los Angeles
2hr SURF LESSON
All equipment supplied.
All ages and levels welcome.
We supply all equipment including high quality surfboards, learner boards, accessories and full length wetsuits!
How Much Surf Lesson Cost?
PUBLIC SURF GROUP CLASS
$60 per person
A group session is perfect for surfers just starting out, or for a group of friends, family or colleagues wanting to have fun and learn to surf in a casual atmosphere.
PRIVATE SURF CLASS
1 Person $120
2 People – $95 per person
3 People – $85 per person
4 People – $75 per person
5 People – $60 per person
It’s never too late to learn to surf – you’ll be shredding in no time!
How to Book Surf Lesson in Venice Beach, Los Angeles?
Use the online booking form to book your next lesson. Text us now on 424 428 4708 to ask any questions.
If you are hoping to book something for today (ie within the next 12 hours) please message or WhatsApp directly (424 428 4708) as the email is unattended when we are working at the beach. Remember to include the details of your booking request (date, time, lesson/hire, how many participants, contact details).
See you soon!
What To Expect from the Surf Lesson?
- Roll up at the beach at your start time with your swimwear on.
- Your coach will introduce himself and gets you sorted with a wetsuit and board.
- You will start with some beach-based technique and surf safety info. We are big on getting it right on the beach and getting you ready to hit the waves.
- You then hit the surf in waist deep water and waves suitable for your ability.
- Surf coach will help get you up and riding by pushing you into a few waves, giving feedback on your technique, keeping an eye on your safety, encouraging you and maximizing your fun.
- Surfers will leave the water approximately 15mins prior to the end of the lesson.
Where Surf Lesson Takes place?
We meet at the Venice Beach Surf Spot 5 minutes before the lesson starts to size you up for a suitable board and wetsuit. We will contact you a day before surf lesson with directions if the beach location changes.
What is provided?
What to bring?
Surfers need to wear a swimsuit or boardies and bring a towel and lots of sunscreen.
Do I need to be able to swim?
Most of our surf lessons are held in waist-deep water but we will ask if you are able to swim 50 meters so we are aware of your swimming ability. Please speak with your coach on the day if you have any questions or concerns about your swimming ability.
What if I am late or unable to attend?
We are required to have 24 hours notice for any cancellations or no refund will be given. Please make sure you meet your coach 10 minutes prior to your lesson as latecomers will forfeit their lesson and no refund will be given.